If you begin from downtown Las Vegas and travel just 15 miles to the west, you’ll find the famed Red Rock Canyon and some of Southern Nevada’s most dramatic landscapes. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is just minutes from many of the hotels that are found on Las Vegas Boulevard. The scenery is so panoramic, that it is a popular setting for many movies and television shows. In the northern part of the canyon are the Visitor’s Center and the Bureau of Land Management’s Scenic Drive. A short stop at the Visitor’s Center will reveal a desert tortoise habitat, a gift shop, and many other interesting exhibits.
This tour takes you along the 13 miles of the scenic drive, you will have a wonderful view of the beautiful Wilson Cliffs. These cliffs are part of the Keystone Thrust, which is 65 million years old. The red hued sandstone that gave the area its name can be seen from almost any point in Las Vegas. There are numerous fascinating geological features; among them are the vibrantly colored fossilized sand dunes that make up the Calico Hills.
As an added bonus to the tour, there is an off road adventure that takes you up Rocky Gap Road. Enjoy the beauty of the native desert wildflowers, pictographs made by Native Americans, and the diversity of the vegetation native. See breathtaking red sandstone hills and the native wildlife that roams, to the yucca, cacti, and other desert plants. Pictures taken on this exciting adventure will serve as a reminder of the primal beauty to be found in the Nevada deserts. The specialized vehicles that seat just 10 guests will allow for a more specialized and personal tour. This tour will remain a treasured vacation memory for years to come.
Our Red Rock Canyon By Tour Trekker Tour Includes:
- Travel in 10-passenger Tour Trekkers, custom built specifically to accommodate sightseeing and off road.
- Just 10 visitors per vehicle to allow a more personalized and interactive experience as you enjoy the tour.
- Professional guides to escort you throughout the entire tour and knowledgeably answer any questions about the history, wildlife, flora, and geology of the area.
- An off road excursion up Rocky Gap Road to get a closer look at the amazing features of this scenic area.
- Ice water is provided for guests with all tours, however no glass containers or food is permitted for safety reasons.
Hotel Pickup: The tour happily offers a hotel pick up service from most of the hotels in the Las Vegas area at no extra charge. Please inform pick up hotel at the time of the booking.
Tour Length: is 4 hours from hotel pick up to drop off and depart daily at 8 a.m. with the exception of Christmas Day. Minimum age for children is 1-1/2 years.
BUY NOW for $99.99